James Turffs is a true Florida native. Having been born in Bradenton and raised in Sarasota, he then obtained his Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice from the University of Central Florida before getting his law degree from Florida A&M School of Law in Orlando. After law school, he returned to Sarasota and began working as a litigation attorney in 2009. Since then, he has handled matters involving complicated trial issues, to foreclosures and evictions, and now focuses almost solely on community management and contract law. His community association experience includes general association representation and counseling, litigation, collections, contract review, and negotiation, and he generally provides legal advice and representation on almost any issue that a managed community might need.
- Florida 2009
- Middle District of Florida 2010
- Northern District of Florida 2020
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida 2006, B.S. Criminal Justice
- Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University College of Law, Orlando, Florida 2009, J.D.
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- Florida Bar
- Sections: Real Property, Probate and Trust Law, Member
- Manatee County Bar Association, Member
- Sarasota County Bar Association, Member
- Sarasota Inns of Court